October 4, 2009

Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential

There's a new challenge blog on the block!! Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential! (you can click on the link on the right side of my blog as well)

Yesterday was their FIRST challenge and I thought I'd jump on board and give it a whirl! You have to create a card for Halloween but NOT use any Halloween images!

I decided to use the Close To My Heart flourish stamps - a birthday present from my sister - and wanted them to resemble a "howling wind". I stamped them, then cut them out with scissors. Do you think I accomplished this look? I embossed the orange cardstock with the Forest Branches embossing folder (cuttlebug) then flipped the cardstock over to show the de-bossed side. I embossed the purple cardstock with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The "boo" was stamped on green cardstock with Provo Craft's Simply Chic Stamps then cut out and pasted down.

I can't wait til next week's challenge!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! This is such a brilliant design!! Love your idea of the flourish for the howling wind!! Very clever with the fun Halloween colors to go with!! Great take on the challenge and I want to thank you so much for playing along with us in our first Saturday Spotlight challenge! :) I'd love to see your work again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia!
    How clever is this...depicting the howling wind is a brilliant idea along with utilizing these traditional colors makes the perfect halloween card! I'm so glad you came to play along with us at Saturday Spotlight!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and your windy boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that flourish is perfect for the howling wind!! I just love all your ribbon and colors. Perfect creation for the Sat. Spotlight. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect Halloween colors; I love all those ribbons! Thanks for playing along in our first Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, love those ribbons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a ribbon lover and this is all awesome. You did a great job on this challenge.. Thanks for joining us at Spotlight Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flourishes and the ribons are great! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete