January 9, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge #185

The folks over at Stamping 411 are having another sketch challenge!  I just came across their blog last night - yay!!  You've got to check out their gorgeous cards - and of course, be sure to play along!


I really liked the tree card on their blog so when I came across a palm tree in the Cricut cartridge, Life is a Beach, I decided to put it on the card - dreaming of being some place nice and warm instead of this cold and snow!

Would be a cute card to give to my sister who recently just booked a cruise (unfortunately, she visits my blog so it wouldn't be a surprise - will have to make her a different one LOL!)

I used Life is a Beach cartridge for the palm tree and Beyond Birthdays for the "bon voyage".  All cardstock is Bazzill.  The cream cardstock is embossed with the Cuttlebug folder "distressed stripes".  (the sun in created with a circle punch and scissors)

NOTE:  I have a new laptop with Win7 (old laptop had XP).  For the life of me I can't figure out changing my pictures (aka cropping, etc.).  Once I figure this out my pictures will hopefully look better!

Have a wonderful day.


Sophia

3 comments:

  1. I love this card!! I'm dreaming of summer just looking at it :) Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards sure made me think of a cruise to a nice warm place! Cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card - love the palm tree! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! keep up the great work! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete